Fifty percent – for necessary things, thirty for desired expenses, twenty for saving and repaying debts. So authors recommend to distribute the budget of many popular manuals on personal finance management (for example, “All Your Worth: The Ultimate Lifetime Money Plan”).
The scheme is good, but, alas, often incompatible with reality.
Saving without fanaticism
If you are just learning to plan your budget, do not set a rigid framework.
Strive for proportions of 50/30/20 gradually.
- Give yourself the opportunity to safely unleash the long-accepted financial obligations – consumer loans, mortgages, etc.
- Without a doubt, pay for goods and services on which your health and the health of your loved ones depend. It’s silly to save on visiting dentistry or buying fruit.
- Again, to give up small pleasures again is not necessary. Iron willpower is a beautiful thing, but it also has its limits.
Better control of the budget is reasonable and without excessive enthusiasm, than to take itself a tight rein on for two months, and then, tired of the wild restrictions dissipate all of the deferred money in one evening.
Let it be postponed exactly 20% of the amount will not succeed each time, the main thing is that you purposefully replenish the reserve fund as much as possible.
First, set a long-term goal to create an untapped reserve, which you would have had for six months of normal life .
Components of the budget table: list for reference
Do not reinvent the wheel. Use a simple obvious sign:
|Expenditure items||Allocated amount||Actual costs|
|Products and household chemicals|
|Clothes and footwear|
Remember about all the other important components of the budget will help you basic list:
- rental of property;
- transport (gasoline and car maintenance, bus or metro expenses);
- education (payment of courses, purchase of necessary books);
- calculation of the loan;
- mobile communication and the Internet;
- medicine (medicine, visiting a private clinic);
Sometimes it is convenient to designate as a separate item relatively expensive specific purchases – for example, a new computer. But – the more concisely we managed to formulate the basic needs, the better.
Do not overload the table. When two items can be combined into one, it’s most likely worth doing.
Pay due attention to the accuracy of forecasting costs.
Costs that are coming to you for the first time, usually not so difficult to predict – thanks to the Internet. Are going to go to the pool – open the site of the fitness center and find out what the specific price of the service is. Could not find the rate card? Find the organization’s phone number and spend three minutes on the caller’s call.
As for spending tracking, there are some fundamentally important subtleties here. Read the continuation of the article .
From it you, in particular, learn how not to go insane, trying to take into account each spent ruble.